The easiest and quickest way to travel around NYC is by public subway. Riding the subway is also a fantastic way to feel like a local during your stay in New York.
• Subway trains operate 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
• For $2.75 (the cost of a single ride), you can use the system citywide and transfer as many times as you need. Also there is 7-Day Unlimited Ride for $30.
• You can also transfer from bus to subway or vice versa within two hours using your MetroCard (as long as you don't pass through the turnstile gate; if you do, another fare must be paid).
• Subway stations on the same line are generally about 8-10 blocks apart.
• The subway does not travel to Staten Island. To get there, board the free Staten Island Ferry or take a bus.
You can find subway map on the official website http://www.mta.info/nyct/maps/submap.htm
Or download a subway map in *.pdf (about 1 MB): subway map of New York for 2019.